Track the Solar Truth Voyage!
On October 11, 2016 the solar-powered Archimedes embarked on a multi-week #SolarTruthVoyage to South Florida via the Intracoastal Waterway, stopping along the way to educate voters about how the utility-backed Amendment 1 would stifle solar for Floridians. Here are the Captains’ logs and media coverage below (may take a moment to load). Read more about the solar-powered Archimedes here. Click here for the photo gallery. See the promo video here.
Find photos and updates on the #SolarTruthVoyage on social media here!
Monday, November 7 – Merritt Island
Thursday, November 3 – West Palm Beach
Press Coverage, November 3:
- “Solar-powered boat cruising Florida to campaign against Amendment 1” (Palm Beach Post)
- “What is to come of Amendment 1?” (CBS12)
Tuesday, November 1 – Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach
Press Coverage, November 1:
- “Solar-powered boat cruises against Amendment 1” (Sun Sentinel)
- Video: “Solar powered boat travels down the Florida coast to protest against Amendment 1” (Sun Sentinel)
Friday, October 28 – travel up Biscayne Bay to North Miami
We had a great press conference today with some of the biggest leaders in Miami to help spread the message of #NoOn1. We were joined by Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado, State Representative Jose Javier Rodriguez, Coral Gables Commissioner Vince Lago, Miami Commissioner Francis Suarez, Miami Commissioner Ken Russell, Maribel Balbin with the League of Women Voters, Raul Vergara with Cutler Bay Solar Solutions, and Stephen Smith with the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy. Miami is fired up and ready to #VoteNoOn1!
— John Morales (@JohnMoralesNBC6) October 27, 2016
— City of Miami (@CityofMiami) October 27, 2016
Press Coverage, October 27:
- Video: “Amendment 1 Opponents Speak Out” (NBC 6)
- Video: “‘No to 1’ campaign now has unique floating billboard powered by the sun” (Local 10)
Wednesday, October 26 – travel from Palm Beach County to Miami
Press Coverage, October 26
Palm Beach County residents welcomed Carter, Radar, and the Arc with a pop-up get together at the City Dock. Representatives from the Libertarian Party of Palm Beach County, the Republican Liberty Caucus of Florida, Abundant Energy, the Loxahatchee Chapter of the Sierra Club, and the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy congregated to welcome the boat and help spread the word to Vote No on 1!
— Austin Sekel (@AustinSekel) October 25, 2016
Monday, October 24 – Martin and Palm Beach Counties
Saturday, October 22 – Cruising down Indian River and St. Lucie Counties
Look for the Archimedes cruising on the Indian River today!
We had a great event today in Melbourne. Brevard County is fired up to say #NoOn1!
Press Coverage, October 21:
- “The Solar Truth Voyage” (Florida Today video)
- “Solar boat showcased during anti-Amendment 1 event” (Florida Today article)
- “Photos: The Vote No on Amendment 1 boat in town” (Florida Today)
Press Coverage, October 17:
- “World’s Largest Solar-Powered Concrete Boat Kicks Off Tour Rallying Opposition To Florida’s Amendment 1” (WMFE)
- “World’s largest solar-powered boat sails Florida coast to rally against Amendment 1” (Orlando Weekly)
Sunday, October 16 – Docking in Cocoa
Saturday, October 15 – Musings from cruising from Daytona to the Space Coast
Press Coverage, October 13:
Press Coverage, October 11:
- “Check out the solar-powered boat campaigning against Florida’s Solar Amendment” (Jacksonville Business Journal)
- “Anti-Amendment 1 Solar-Powered Boat Tour Sets Sail In Florida” (WJCT – Jacksonville)
- “Amendment 1 foes deliver a message in their concrete boat” (Florida Times-Union)